Monday, September 7, 2009

Ebay Finds: Securitize your Assets

As a fan of Wall Street history I have a real sweet spot for firms that are no longer with us.  Call it irreverence, but to me there is nothing cooler than seeing an old Salomon Brothers tote on the subway, and if you had some Long-Term Capital Management notepads I'd gladly take it off your hands.   

So I was really interested to hear a few months back that Lehman Brothers would be selling off all their corporate swag on eBay to liquidate their assets for the bankruptcy proceedings.  The first thing that popped into my head was - Lehman banker bags!

Sure enough, I was able to pick up a brand new banker bag perfectly sized for the gym or overnight trips - or simply a reprieve from the Jack Spade messenger.  I get a lot of compliments from strangers and they get a kick when I tell them I pulled it off eBay. 

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find the bag re-listed on eBay - until now.  At $20 (they have many in stock), it's really a great pickup for any fan of financial history, or someone just interested in getting a versatile - albeit irreverent - bag.    

3 comments:

  1. Man, great find. May have to pick one up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. Would love to see the looks you get from it . . .

    ReplyDelete