Thursday, October 29, 2009

West Village Halloween

One of the great things about living in the West Village is the inspiration you find everyday when you walk out your front door.

This was clearly apparent this Sunday when I decided to check out some of the storefront Halloween displays in the neighborhood.  I even bumped into noted men's fashion blogger (and Kayne West approved!) Richard Haines of What I Saw Today.  Richard created the lovely profile picture I use on this site from a J. Crew event earlier this Summer.


From West Village Halloween
 I really admire people who put a lot of time and effort into their creative work - and in this residential display it shows.  The funniest thing is that this townhouse basically straddles the Ralph Lauren and Marc Jacobs stores that ordinarily have quite elaborate Halloween displays.  I liked the "DIY" ethic displayed by the townhouse owners in the midst of two commercial giants.




From West Village Halloween
A closeup of the residential display.



From West Village Halloween
It's tough to see because of the shadows, but you can make out how the townhouse is between the Marc Jacobs store on the left and the Ralph Lauren store on the right.



From West Village Halloween
Skulls.  Lots and lots of skulls at Marc Jacobs.




From West Village Halloween
Ralph Lauren went with the creepy mannequin with lots of blush and haute couture aesthetic.  I liked it!




From West Village Halloween
A look at the RL storefront. I liked how their display still fit in with the overall image of the store rather than some over-the-top Halloween decoration.




From West Village Halloween
As I mentioned I bumped into Richard Haines of What I Saw Today and had a chance to chat. Richard was perfectly dressed in a blue check shirt, repp tie and slim peacoat.   Nice seeing you Richard!




From West Village Halloween
Not everyone went over the top with their Halloween displays. Sometimes a simple pumpkin will do. I liked the rich contrast of colors here.




From West Village Halloween
Twice as Nice.




From West Village Halloween
Tom Browne / Brooks Brothers Black Fleece went for the Eyes Wide Shut look.




From West Village Halloween
Not Halloween related, but a great police dog outside the Greenwich Village precinct.




From West Village Halloween

From West Village Halloween
You know - for the the kids.

Full album: West Village Halloween

2 comments:

  1. Great work man. Thanks for being my eye in the West Village. Marc Jacobs is batshit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice running into you too and thanks for the nice photo-don't love having my pic taken but this one works!

    blog looks great-keep it going! r

    ReplyDelete