Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Fun Shirt Doesn't Die

Gilt.com had a sale today on Brooks Brothers Black Fleece, which is always interesting as it never fails to spotlight some of Mr. Browne's wilder creations. Of course I was interested in the most bonkers example - and found it here:



The Brooks Brothers "Fun Shirt" - as a suit! Love it!

Check the trou!



It made me realize - I've seen a lot of "Fun Shirt" inspired pieces floating around recently.  

Because the fun shirt doesn't die - it just multiplies.

Here's a rundown of the fundown.




Mister Crew recently highlighted an engineered garments fun shirt (above). Because heritage sometimes needs to have fun, too.




Mark McNairy is also in on the fun shirt game, as chronicled by A Continuous Lean.  








The first image is a thift store find ($2!) by The Trad, and the second is a Brooks Brothers version that he notes is uncannily similar. 

I swear I've seen another fun shirt floating around by a pretty mainstream (i.e. J. Crew) outfit too, but I can't find it now.  Anyone else see anything recently?

4 comments:

  1. If you look very closely you will see How to Talk To Girls At Parties gets some play at Disaffected Prep Headquarters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.inventorymagazine.com/updates/?p=11433 In the same vein.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I knew you would like that. I'm not big on image boards but I read yours and COE's pretty religiously. Dig the Steven Alan link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did a post a while back on the Polo version which shows up on ebay every now and again. Then there are the brooks fun shorts which I love (and have) as well.

    http://www.southerngentblog.com/2009/07/best-shirt-ever.html

    Never worn together like the suit though.

    ReplyDelete